New York Subway Map with transit connections between New York & New Jersey, including Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, NY Waterway ferry, and PATH.
What’s on the Map?
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail – New Jersey: solid yellow lines. Operates 5AM-11PM.
- New York City Subway – New York: lines in multiple colors. Operates 24/7.
- New York Waterway Ferries – New York & New Jersey: light blue dotted lines. Operates 6AM-11PM.
- Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) – New York & New Jersey: bright blue lines. Operates 24/7.
- Staten Island Ferry – New York: light blue dotted line. Operates 24/7.
- Staten Island Railway New York (inset): solid, navy blue lines. Operates 24/7.
A Map for a Megaregion
Transit maps frame how people think about getting around in urban areas. A comprehensive map can help people choose transit options that reduce stress, ease congestion and pollution, and increase safety for everyone. Maps in major cities like Berlin, London, Philadelphia, and Tokyo include all rapid transit services, regardless of operator. Here in the New York & New Jersey region, PATH introduced a new map that shows transit connections available at or near each PATH station, including Amtrak, Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, New York City Subway, Newark Light Rail, and New Jersey Transit.
The New York Subway Map influences the transit choices of over 2.4 billion riders, and has a long history of including New Jersey, as well as other transit options that supplement the subway, but the current map doesn’t include all options that serve the city and its immediate environs.
That’s why I created the New York & New Jersey Subway Map.
- Should the NYC subway map include N.J.? This man thinks so, and he’s not alone – NJ.com
- Should the PATH be on the MTA’s subway map? – Transitism
- One man’s mission to put New York’s secret subway back on the map – CityMetric
- NJ Man Leads Fight To Feature PATH Trains Prominently On The NYC Subway Map – Gothamist
- A Compelling Proposal – Transit Maps
- Giving the PATH its Due: Hoboken Commuter Embarks on Campaign to Change NYC Subway Maps – Patch
- Putting Hoboken on the Map—Should NYC Have to Publicly Acknowledge the Existence of NJ? – hMAG