Stewart Mader has helped organizations around the world use the Web to connect people with engaging, valuable, and timely information. He is the author of Wikipatterns (Wiley, 2008), a practical guide to improving productivity and collaboration in organizations.
He is currently Senior Director, Global Head of Digital Media at Fitch Ratings. Previously, he served as Director of Social Media & Online Tools at CFA Institute, where he oversaw efforts to reach journalists, legislators, policymakers, and investment professionals who play essential roles in shaping the direction of the financial services industry. He helped launch the Enterprising Investor, an online publication featuring daily commentary and analysis from a team of subject-matter experts. He established, and led the organization’s growing use of paid social media campaigns for audience development and lead generation, and led a global team with staff in New York, London, and Hong Kong.
Stewart has created online strategy and digital engagement programs for clients including MARS, SAP, and World Bank-International Finance Corporation (IFC). For IFC, he guided development of an online collaboration platform for donors, investors, consultancies, and NGOs to document and evaluate business models best suited for developing countries. For Atlassian, he helped establish the voice of the brand by writing about social media, collaboration, and software development for the Atlassian Blogs, speaking at numerous conferences, and providing technology adoption guidance to customers around the world as the company expanded from its roots in Australia to a global organization with offices in Europe and the US. He also led digital media and instructional technology for Brown University, where his team was selected by Apple to lead one of the first large-scale pilots of iTunes U.
- Gotham & Hudson – Urbanism on the Hudson Waterfront. Featured in Atlantic Cities, Brick Underground, Curbed, and Gizmodo.
- Subway NY NJ – A proposal to return New Jersey to the New York City Subway Map and prominently display PATH lines, for a more complete map of rapid transit in the urban core of New York
- Wikipatterns (Wiley, 2008) – A practical guide to improving productivity and collaboration in organizations.
- MS, Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology, University at Albany
- BS, Chemistry magna cum laude, University of Hartford