An ambassador is not a regular contributor, but does help increase adoption through their endorsement and consistent promotion of the wiki.
An ambassador appreciates the value of the wiki as a knowledge resource, and recommend its use to others. They never fail to reference the wiki as the source of their most prized information during presentations and communications. When an Ambassador also is a contributor, it’s possible they will become a coveted Champion in your organization.
A Spectator may develop into an Ambassador by being diligent about including links to wiki content that they’ve extracted. They may also encourage those who have something to add to the content to do so, themselves, at the original source on the wiki (and thus avoid generation of off-line supplemental documentation).
- Champion – An Ambassador may become a Champion when they, in addition to their ambassador role, actually contribute to the content and structure of the wiki.
- Gnome – Person who performs small edits on a wiki to continually improve its overall quality (also often known as a Gardener).
- Patron – A high-ranking person in your organization who supports a technology adoption project and, by doing so, confers a degree of legitimacy that can increase the likelihood of success.
- Spectator – Someone who consumes wiki content but does not contribute to it by adding tags, comments or refining content is considered a Spectator.
- Troll – Trolling usually provokes people by saying something philosophically negative about the current topic, while criticism should point out a fairly specific procedural or functional problem.